Call Us +1(587)830 5061 ·

Federal Skilled Worker Program



Work Experience

Your work experience must be:

At least one year, continuous full-time and/or an equal amount in part-time

Paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count)

In the same National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill type (0, A or B)

Within the last 10 years

At skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 NOC

Full Time Work

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.
If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

Language ability

You must:

Meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7

Take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing


You must have:

A Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree


A completed foreign credential, and

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC such as the World Education Service (WES). [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

Six selection factors

If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, the immigration officer will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.

The selection factors are:

Your skills in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages)

Your education

Your work experience

Your age

Whether you have a valid job offer

Your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here)

Proof of funds

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and/or your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:

Are currently able to legally work in Canada, and

Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

Principal applicant

If you are married, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant.

Other requirements

You must be admissible to Canada.

You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

​For more information, please contact us.

Contact Us